Saturday, November 5, 2011

Living Dolls - Miss November 2011

Can you believe we are in November already???? What a lucky thing we have such a stunning Living Doll this month to distract us from the way this year has flown !!! Let me introduce the ever lovely Ms Crystal McBootay.......


What does vintage mean to you ?


When I think of Vintage I think of Pinups and muscle cars, I think of down to earth "real" people. Vintage is a state of mind that I myself live in, there is just something intriguing about the style of dress and hair that makes me feel like I am on the pages of an old school magazine.





What was it that first prompted your interest in vintage culture?

Marilyn Monroe has captivated me for years, she was a curvy girl with attitude and style. She showed me that anything is possible and what inspired me to follow my dreams of being a pinup model.



What is your favorite era, and do you 'live it' every day? In what ways?

My favorite era is the 50’s, I live it to an extent in my everyday life. I may not be all dolled up with my hair and makeup done dressed to a "T" but my everyday wardrobe includes rockabilly and pinup garb


Tell us about your favorite item of vintage clothing, kitchenalia, music, furniture or whatever !

My favorite musician is Wanda Jackson- she has that edge to her that makes me wanna dance and be happy I'm a woman.



Can you share with us why vintage culture continues to hold such appeal for you?

Vintage culture continues to have such an appeal to me because it is a culture that accepts girls with curves, something that is not accepted as easily in this day and age. 



Do you have any tips for anyone starting out in the vintage scene?

Research, research, research… you can never do enough, utilize the Internet to its full capabilities you tube videos, books and read blogs. You will be able to get a feel for the style of vintage that you like and know what style and direction that you should head in.



Now is your chance to provide us with an overview of who you are and what you do. Tell my readers as much or as little as you like !!!!

I’m a curvy outgoing pinup who is down to earth. I love my Family, friends and fans and cannot say thank you enough to all of them for helping me see my dreams and be who I am today. 


Finally, what or who inspires you and why?

I am inspired each day by my Fans they give me the inspiration to get up each and every morning and do everything that I can to show the world that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. Marilyn Monroe will always be a shining light for me and each day I hope that I can radiate the same glow that she always held.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails