Saturday, December 17, 2011

Natural beauty tips - and my plastic surgery.......


I love natural beauty remedies, and prefer them over chemicals and procedures where ever possible - after all, it is more 50's isnt it !! But I am not against plastic surgery. Dont get me wrong. If it helps you feel better about yourself, then more power to you. Who am I to talk anyhow, I have had plastic surgery myself, and at the ripe old age of 23 !!! I shiver now when I think about it really....... my boyfriend at the time asked me if there was anything about myself I would change if I could. I said that I had always felt my lips were a little on the thin side (overblown bee stung lips were the rage at the time). That week my boyfriend found a competition in a magazine to win a lip enhancement. Desperate to please him ( but upon reflection, deep down feeling somewhat hurt that he did not see me as beautiful just as I was) I entered the competition. Well, you guessed it, I 'won'. I had the surgery. A round tube of plastic inserted perminently. Me = Petrified. It is still there to this day. My boyfriend was wraped 2 weeks after the procedure when my lips looked 'like Meg Ryan' (where her lips were at their peak of fullness), but by the time a few more weeks had elapsed, my lips had actually returned pretty much to normal size, however now with that small roll of plastic inside them for life. I can feel it whenever I kiss. Secretly, I think I am glad that they dont look all that much different though - I want to be me (and loved for being that way too)  !!! As for the boyfriend.....well, the insert lasted longer than the relationship.

But yes, like I said, I have no problem with plastic surgery, so long as it is done for the esteem and personal value of the person going under the knife.

I have recently read a charming and somewhat amusing little book titled "The Mums book of glamour - how to be fabulous". Of course, I really didnt need to read it seeing as I am so fabulous already (!), but I decided to none the less. Filled with funny little tid bits, and ways to make your already hectic life all the more stressful by adding inumerable beauty routines into the daily grind, I did find a terrific section on facial muscle excersises - the sort that can be done while sitting in traffic (not on public transport however).

One of the things that is a telltale sign of aging is a slack jawline due to lack of skin elasticity and sedintary muscles that settle into old familiar daily grooves. But facial deffinition need not belong to the young, and you need not resort to drastic face cutting surgery either, as I have found over the past few weeks of practising these excersises. I can totally feel the work they are doing to my face - and it is mighty encouraging !!!
So my dear friends and readers, I wanted to share these wonderful little natural, no cosmetic prodcedure required, jaw and facial excersises to help you stave off the inevitable..... and may your natural beauty shine through and be treasured by your loved ones !


 
1. Just out your jaw, open your mouth wide and pull your bottom lip over your bottom teeth. Then move your jaw up and down - you'll look like a cartoon robot, but stick with it. repeat this ten times, twice a day - although preferably in the privacy of your own home.....

2. Sit in a relaxed position. Tilt your head upwards and purse your lips. Hold for five seconds and then relax. Repeat 10 times.

3. Start with your teeth together, and then open your jaw very slightly, Move your lower jaw slowly to one side, as far as it will go, and then return slowly to the center position. Repeat this 10 times and then work the other side.

4. Sit upright, facing forwards with your lips closed but relaxed. Pucker and pout your lips using your cheek muscles, hold the position for ten seconds, and then relax. Repeat this 10 times.

5. Best not to try this one while driving...... close your eyes and lift your eyebrows as high up as you can, as though very surprised. Hold the position for 10 seconds, and then relax. Repeat this 10 times.

Ahh - your done....look out world - here you come, and looking like the grand dame of amazing jawlines below to boot !





3 comments:

  1. What great tips... I will definitely be giving them a go! Was it an old book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello lovely, I'm a bit confused, you say you told your boyfriend you weren't happy with your lips? Then you say you felt hurt he didn't feel you were beautiful the way you were? Some how he found you a way to 'fix' what you didn't like, and that was a bad thing? And he stayed with you for 11 years? I doubt he would stay that long if he didn't find you beautiful honey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being beautiful requires a lot of efforts, because of the fact that our bodies are aging by the second. We're lucky that both nature and modern cosmetic science can provide us with a bunch of treatments and alternatives we can use in our efforts. Although there are a lot of women who choose to have plastic surgeries one after another, but one too many can cause other, more serious problems.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails